Monday, October 09, 2006

Hey - two days in a row!

See? Told you I'd write some more. Heather and I put up 5 more quarts of applesauce and 8 more apple jelly jars. I LOVE homemade applesauce and jelly. Turned out good I think!

Back to work tomorrow... I love my shift, but it's so hard to go back to work after a 4 day weekend. In a couple of weeks, Heather and I and the kids will be going somewhere for our "last hurrah" camping trip. Actually, camping is kind of a strong word for it, as we have a 30' trailer with a/c, heat, and satellite TV. Oh well, I was a cub scout, boy scout, life scout, and assistant cubmaster. I'm done with tents for now :)!!! Maybe we'll go up to Spokane or near Mt. St. Helens. Whatever we do, it'll be fun.

Some folks that Heather works with are surprised that I like to "can" things. Personally, I like the feeling of accomplishment when you see those glittering jars full of jams or jellies or spiced peaches or brandied pears and the like - knowing that they were just a box of apples or pears or peaches you needed to do something with before they spoiled.

If I could ever successfully grow tomatoes here, I'd put them up too. Wonder what I'll put up now?

Until our next -

No comments: