Saturday, February 05, 2005

Doing the right thing

There comes a time when everyone has to stand and deliver. For some, it is tantamount to the Gettysburg Address. For others, it is right there with delivering a pizza. But everyone has a moment or two where they gotta do what they gotta do. Besides, I have a penchance for tilting at windmills, remember?

So here we are, two great ladies with 'tudes, a poor, disheveled Cubmaster, and me. At that time of the morning, I am doing my best to just not look like a heap. So we're a sight. At any rate, the fireworks start when the aforementioned Cubmaster chews on his foot when he calls the ladies over to chat. Sigh. Tact can be lost sometimes. When I arrive, one lady is standing in the door ready to bug out and honked off, the other is blissfully ignoring the first one, I guess because it's easier I guess. The cubmaster looks like he is about to blow up. Ok all, time out.

I manage, 2 hours later, to turn it from a nightmare to one of the most productive meetings we've had. Oodles of stuff got done, and more got predone for the next month because it needed to happen. We managed to become organized. My life is bordering on complete. Well, maybe more up to date at least.

A long time ago, someone told my dad he was good. Dad said he was pretty good, but VERY lucky. He then confided in me that he would much rather be lucky than good. I agreed with him. I still do. I have been, for the most part. Lucky, and loved. Put the two together, and that makes you VERY lucky. Today, again, I was blessed with lucky. Amen and hallelujah.

Here is the part that still bugs me though. We had all of this great stuff going on today, and for the life of me I couldn't explain why it hadn't happened before. Why hadn't the prior folks in leadership - or hell, rank and file, stepped up to the plate and done the right thing? It wasn't hard to see what needed to happen, it just needed to happen. Sheesh.

until later ... (I need more coffee)...



No comments: