Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The Pinapple Express Rolls Along

For those who don't live in the Pacific Northwest, this may seem a bit arcane. However, we are in the midst of a "heat wave". Loads of rain coming from the tropics is dumping on our wet, newly thawed ground.

Put that together with rising freezing level and snow melt and you get.....

You guessed it. Floods. Swell. The good news is that I no longer live on a flood plain. The bad news? My office is on one. But, it has a long way to go to get to it... I feel fairly safe.

It is the middle of winter, and at 10:45pm the temperature here was a balmy 64 degrees and about 95% humidity. I need a shower. It's up to 77 in the house, so I am about to turn on the air conditioning :) Well, it's a thought anyway!

Busy week ahead, and long day - so ...

Until our next........

1 comment:

Sharon said...

..as I await the blizzard that we are supposed to be slammed with sometime today here in the East.
hope you are doing OK, and staying dry!